Welcome to the Black

This is a blog about my table top gaming from mini wargaming to board games to card games.

2014-06-27

My Week in Gaming 2014-06-27

Hello everyone,

So had my Thursday night gaming with my buddy M and what a blast! We got three games in, one of Magic, one of Deadzone and one of Destined Legends.

For Magic I played my almost creature less burn deck vs. M's tri-colour Red/Black/Green but the combo of Phylactery Lich and Creepy Doll proved to be too much and I was unable to stop it.

With Deadzone I played Rebs vs. M's Enforcers. For missions I drew Fight Another Day ( 1 point per kill and 1 for survive ) and I believe M drew one of the enforcer objective missions ( Yankee, or X-Ray as Zulu was the deployment card ). My tactic was to use LOTS of blaze away fire to try and keep his guys heads down while my Teraton rampaged through the Enforcers and the Zee grabbed items as he could. I have to say that it worked, but I don't know if it would work against M a second time as he just did not play very aggressively and by the time he realized that I was going for him I had 8 VPs ( 5 Survive, 1 Intel, and 2 kills ) vs. his 1 objective and dead Zee. At that point I killed one more Enforcer and ended the Round for the win!

My lesson learned from all of last nights game is that you need to be aggressive in Deadzone because if you don't your opponent will just run circles around you.



Lastly we played a game of Destined Legends which is a game that combines elements of Munchkin ( Player Level 10 being a win, level on monster kills ) and Magic ( Equipment and overall vibe ). The game was the result of a Kickstarter not that I was a backer but rather one of the artists was at this years Calgary Expo, Cari Corene and she had Kickstarter packs for sale so I did get the bonus stuff as well! Plus my copy is autographed by Cari! The game is a blast and has a great deal of potential I just need to get some more games in, and against more than just M.

Oh and I guess I should also say that it was M who won DL and won the night at 2 games to 1!

Well that was my night and basically my week in gaming!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment