Welcome to the Black

This is a blog about my table top gaming from mini wargaming to board games to card games.

2014-07-04

My Week in Gaming - 2014-07-04

So this week has not been a big one for playing games but rather good for my gaming storage.

My Gaming Space on
Deadzone Delivery Day
First some background, I have used bookcases for storing my figures for years but when my wife and I got our cats five years ago they started messing with them. So it went back and forth for a bit, me trying to keep my armies safe and the cats wondering what was so special about these miniature people. With that in mind when we moved 2 years ago I picked up a glass door bookcase for storing everything in. It worked great for a year and a half but when I got Deadzone I realized that it was no longer enough so I went and got a second glass cabinet (And I have to say that unloading the normal book cases to move them out 2 feet was a fun project in itself).





Gaming Cabinet Last Night
Well now a few weeks back I saw some spice racks while out shopping with my wife and my brain went into overdrive as the cabinets were great for storage but it was still hard to locate things as I hadn't really spread things out after getting the second cabinet. I was still only using about 60% of my space! So with a need for better storage and an idea I got a set of racks for my Deadzone figures. Now those racks work great for Deadzone models but what about unit based games like Kings of War? For that I thought about it and came up with a nice cheap option that I can refine later. Placing cut pieces of 2"x6" across the shelves which is large enough to fit a Endless Swarm of Zombies on a movement tray and leave enough room for a second unit in front of the board and 3 2x6x10's (Enough for my remaining shelves) only cost me $20, just as much as one set of the spice racks! I tried the Deadzone guys on one of the boards and while it is better than no board it is nowhere as nice as the spice racks so I need to pick up some more of those in the future.
Deadzone Spice Rack
Deadzone 2x6
Undead sitting on the 2x6 shelf
Anyway to wrap up my rambling I spent last night sorting, organizing, fixing and counting my figures. So you will notice that my gamers challenge is updated on the right to reflect the current state of my forces and boy do I have some work to do!


I also had a chance to play a bit of Assassins' Creed before the end of the month nothing to spectacular but nice to get some more time in for that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment