Welcome to the Black

This is a blog about my table top gaming from mini wargaming to board games to card games.

2014-08-08

My Week in Gaming 2014-08-08

Hello everybody,

So this week I still did not get any painting done but I did get a lot of gaming in.

Every year for the August long weekend my family does a family reunion camping trip where many games are played. To give you a sense of scope there was 4 RV's and 8 tents full of people. That meant that there was always a game of some sort on the go from basic card games to Liar's Dice to Betrayal at House on the Hill. Two of my cousins even bought a box of M15 boosters for Magic so we could do a draft tournament over the weekend.

For the draft tournament it was a best of 3 for each round and I was eliminated in the second round winning my first round 2-0 and the second ending 1-2. The deck I used was a blue/black deck that turned out to be a one trick pony, draw until I got In Garuk's Wake and the wipe their side of the board and just trounce them after that. When it worked it worked well, but a creature that when it died created a bunch of 1/1 Islandwalks I just could not handle.

For House on the Hill, we had all six characters in play and I was using the Jock. The haunt we got affected the character with the highest might (me) and led the jock on the hunt for a human sacrifice. Lucky for me the doctor was not too far and standing next to the mystic elevator. One quick stab and elevator ride later and I won the game.

My wife and I played a couple games of Seasons which is one of her favourites, she is good at it and she knows it. she even promised to give Gloom a try this weekend after she heard/watched it be played.

My brother also brought out The Resistance and Avalon and as such there was only about 20-30 games of that played, always fun and always a crowd favourite.

I have also had some time to get in a bunch of games of LoL and have gotten my summoner up to lvl 10 which is nice, more masteries and runes for me to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment